Case Session & Competition
For the Osteology Case Session and Competition the six best oral regenerative cases will be selected for an oral presentation in the Osteology Case Session. The best case presentation will be awarded a prize.
Submission period: 1 September 2019 to 29 February 2020
The six case presenters will be notified by 30 March 2020
Clinical cases can be submitted online on THE BOX, which is the Foundation's Community Platform. Only cases from the field of oral tissue regeneration and that were uploaded to the Case Box can be submitted for the Osteology Case Competitions.
Cases from the following categories can be submitted:
- Ridge Preservation
- Soft Tissue Augmentation / Regeneration around Teeth
- Soft Tissue Augmentation / Regeneration around Implants
- Vertical & Horizontal Bone augmentation
- Periodontal Regeneration
- Sinus Augmentation
A jury will evaluate the cases and select the six best cases. A vote by the users of THE BOX will account for 10% of the decision.
The authors of these six cases will be invited to present their cases on stage at the Osteology Symposium Sydney 2020 in the Osteology Case Session on Saturday, 20 June 2019, and receive a free registration to the congress including a special certificate.
A panel of judges will select the six cases to be presented and the winner of the oral case presentation
Winner of the Osteology Case Competition
Among the six presentations in the Osteology Case Session, the jury will select a winner.
The winner will receive an award for the best case presentation and a prize of AUD $1,500.
Criteria for the evaluation
- Treatment rationale
- Evidence-based approach
- Degree of novelty, originality
- Success of treatment outcome
- Image quality
- Discussion re biological principle of treatment
- Complete documentation (incl. patient information, procedure, complications, parameters etc.)
- Treatment follow-up of at least 6 months with 2 or more additional time-points
How to participate?
- Log in or, if you are new, register for THE BOX at www.box.osteology.org
- Join the Osteology Case Competition Group
- Go to group. In the tab “Cases” you will find the Case Competition.
- To submit a clinical case, you have to upload it to the Case Box first.
- To join the competition, click on “Submit a Case” and follow the instructions on the Case Competition page.
- Bookmark the group page by clicking on the little icon on the top right of the page.
- Add your friends in the Members section. Spread the word, add your colleagues, and ask them to vote for the best case (like). Their opinion counts for 10% of the decision in the end.